Name: Kenichi Udagawa
Twitter name: @udagawasensei
Subject taught (if applicable): RE
What is your advice about? Effective use of seating plans
- Create a simple seating plan (name and M/F) that is easy to glance at (large font) so you can quickly read students’ names in the flow of a lesson.
- Don’t be afraid to refer to your seating plan throughout a lesson to recall student names. You’ll remember them eventually, but you won’t if you don’t use names at all.
- If you print off a copy of your seating plan (or display it in an app on your tablet) you can scribble notes on it for you to act on later – e.g. ‘No HW’).
- If you are leaving cover work, print off a copy of your seating plan. The cover teacher will thank you endlessly.
- Add useful info such as lesson times and your SLT duty rota etc to the seating plan so you can refer to that info quickly in a lesson.