Name: Tracey Smith
Twitter name: @traceyjanesmith
Subject taught (if applicable): Year 6
Position: Headteacher and Year 6 teacher
What is your advice about? AfL
- Always start your lessons by ascertaining what the pupils already know.
- Use mini-plenaries every 5 minutes throughout the lesson to check they are on target, share best work and move on to the next step.
- Use peer assessment through the lesson, rather than just at the end. Eg……is s/he right? How do you know?
- Towards the end, get the class to reflect upon what they have learnt and the progress they feel/their peers feel/you feel they have made.
- Interact with the class throughout the lesson. AfL is SO important for a successful lesson with great learning.