Position: Senior Teacher
What is your advice about? Job interview/application
- Most recruitment processes will ‘score’ your letter. Even if it’s an internal role make sure it’s brilliant.
- If they use an agency for the process it probably means they’re desperate (and stupid). You’ll find yourself doing things twice – Stay calm.
- If you’re given a tour of the school this is not a time filler. The pupils/staff giving the tour will be asked their view, so don’t come across as an arse or be too quiet.
- If you have gaps in employment/education you will be asked about it
- They likely need you more than you need them. Therefore ALWAYS negotiate over pay.