Name: David Weston
Twitter name: @informed_edu
Sector: Early Years,Primary,Secondary,FE,Special school
Subject taught (if applicable):
Position: Chief Exec, Teacher Development Trust
What is your advice about? CPD
- Keep a folder of notes from any CPD, INSET or training you attend. Include a summary of reflections and action points.
- Make notes in the diary at 2 weeks, 2 months and 2 terms to revisit the ideas and check your progress.
- If you are given advice on ‘best practice’ then ask for the evidence base, where possible, and try and find alternative viewpoints before coming to a conclusion.
- Before making a change in your practice, identify the difference you want to see in pupils (or colleagues) and where you can get follow-up advice.
- After training, seek ways to objectively check if your learning has genuinely and objectively had an impact on pupils or if you’ve merely done something enjoyable/novel.