Name: Nick Overton
Twitter name: @nickotkdV
Subject taught (if applicable): Primary
Position: Class Teacher
What is your advice about? Progressions
- Take your time!! A lot of us will be in teaching for quite some years (30+ years), there is no rush to progress and get up the career ladder. Enjoy your teaching.
- Be sure its what you want. Before you apply for any new position make sure it is fully what you want. It is difficult to back out once you have said yes.
- Patience. All good things come to those who wait. If you see something unbelievable go for it, apart from that wait and something will come up.
- Talk. If you see something that relates to progression and career development ask people want they think of it. Normally senior leaders are more that willing to offer advice.
- Enjoy. Teaching should be enjoyed and if the promotion spoils the enjoyment they you might question whether it was worth it.