Name: Jan Baker
Twitter name: @JanBaker97
Subject taught (if applicable): MFL
Position: Curriculum Leader
What is your advice about? Attacking the paperwork mountain
- You are still likely drown in paperwork once you start teaching even though we have email so you need a system of making it manageable.
- Don’t be afraid to use “file 13” – i.e. the bin. You don’t need to keep every piece of paper you are given.
- Ask yourself this question, “If I lost this bit of paper would it make me cry?” If the answer is yes, file it away safely immediately!
- Have an email system which makes retrieval easy. Use inbox sub-folders to sort emails by category e.g. NQT evidence, SEND pupils etc.
- Don’t forget to regularly de-clutter your email inbox. It’s worth it in the end! Save emails as word docs if you need to keep anything permanently.