Name: Fiona Richards
Twitter name: Richards_Fiona
Subject taught (if applicable): Maths
What is your advice about? Surviving your first year
- Find an ally, maybe someone outside your department. Unload and ask for advice.
- Work out priorities. Somethings will slip, make sure it’s not planning.
- Remember every teacher was once where you are. That teacher that comes in and your class is immediately silent once had a class they struggled with (probably many classes).
- Be kind to yourself. Every day focus of something that went well.
- My maths teacher passed on the advice of two military men for surviving the first year. “Be prepared” and “Don’t panic”