Name: Rory Gribbell
Twitter name: @Rory_Gribbell
Subject taught (if applicable): Maths
Position: Maths Teacher
What is your advice about? Routines
- Entry routines help set the tone for the lesson. It is worth spending time practicing your entry routine with a new class.
- Exit routines (putting books and resources away) are vital. Efficient and ordered exit routines give you more time to teach.
- Check for 100% compliance with entry routine. Dealing with non-compliance early in the lesson is a powerful example of your high expectations.
- Time your exit routines for greater efficiency and fun. My Y7/8s love trying to beat their time and the (sometimes concocted) Y11 times.
- You can always go back to your routines and tighten them up. Demonstrating your unwaveringly high expectations will be of benefit in the long run.