Name: David Jones
Twitter name: @ewenfields
Subject taught (if applicable):
What is your advice about? Applications and interviews
- Do visit your prospective school-If they say, they don’t allow visits in school time-don’t apply! It has to feel right for you and you should tour everywhere.
- Don’t rely on set letters-write to the school and give lots of practical learning and teaching examples which show your reflection and potential. Cut the philosophy/SPAG it!
- If called for interview, contact school and ask about the needs of the class you are teaching, names, resources available etc. If they won’t or don’t tell you don’t go!
- Scrub up and get your best suit on. You aren’t the finished product and good schools look for potential-your powers of reflection about your practice would be key for me.
- If at any point you are unsure and feel that the school may not be right for you in terms of NQT support, CPD, workload etc.-WALK AWAY-there will be other jobs. Good luck