Name: Jan Baker
Twitter name: @janbaker97
Subject taught (if applicable): MFL
Position: Curriculum Leader
What is your advice about? Job applications
- When you apply for a job match your skills to the job specification and be specific with examples. Don’t assume they will know what you are capable of.
- Always use a business font for applications – e.g. Arial. Comic Sans although beloved of teachers just isn’t a good idea.
- Make sure you have asked your referees if it’s okay to put their names down for references. They will appreciate the courtesy.
- Think about why you want the position and be positive about what the school can offer you and what you can offer them.
- Remember to take all your original documentation with you for photocopying and check your spelling/name of the head etc. to make the best impression from the beginning.