Name: Martin Saunders
Twitter name: @MartinGSaunders
Subject taught (if applicable):
Position: Chair of Governors
What is your advice about? Landing that dream teaching job
- Remember that a real person has to read (and score) your application form. Check details, explain gaps in employment and make your personal statement easy to read. Spelling!
- The whole recruitment process is scored on various criteria. Make sure at each step you consider and demonstrate what would be important.
- Before a demo lesson ask about pupils needs, school behaviour policy and any conventions. Hardly anyone seems to and it always makes a great impression as well as helping you.
- In the interview you will be asked about safeguarding. Learn the process by heart, it’s easy but newbies ALWAYS lose dumb points on this.
- Don’t be afraid to be yourself. If you don’t fit then you will have made a lucky escape but being genuine and human goes a very long way.