Name: Jan Baker
Twitter name: @janbaker97
Subject taught (if applicable): MFL
Position: Curriculum Leader
What is your advice about? When you’re having a bad day
- Try to keep things in perspective. Will you still be worrying about it a year from now? If not, don’t go there.
- Talk to someone who is prepared to listen but don’t ask for advice if you’re not ready to listen. Learn to wait as the advice may be more constructive than you expect.
- Be solution focused. How can you solve it? How can you ensure it doesn’t happen again? Try to take control of it – you will feel better afterwards.
- Keep a list of “good” things in your planner to remind you of why you want to teach. Comments from staff, students & parents are always appreciated. Refer to them often.
- Remember it never rains forever so this too shall pass. Remember to be kind to yourself too.