Twitter name: @merike1985
Sector: Early Years, Primary
Subject taught (if applicable):
Position: Primary Supply Teacher
What is your advice about? Supply
- Not sure what to do for those on the day calls? Have a bag ready containing resources that can be adapted for all year groups – poetry books are particularly good.
- Always check your rate of pay. Some agencies pay differently depending on the branch or even from school to school; don’t sell yourself short.
- Don’t be afraid to step out of your comfort zone and teach in different key stages, you might find a new favourite year group & it’s great experience.
- When you arrive at a school ask to see the behaviour policy and stick to it. The continuity will be appreciated by the children and it makes a good impression.
- Enjoy it! Supply allows you to go and actually teach without all the additional bureaucracy: make the most of it and include the arts if able to plan your own lessons.