Name: Kathleen McGillycuddy
Twitter name: @McGillycuddy101
Subject taught (if applicable): English
Position: Deputy Headteacher
What is your advice about? When Ofsted Call
- Don’t panic – data/results/management of the school – not your individual responsibility so let SLT & HoDs worry about those things!
- Focus on your own classes – if you normally plan for kids to learn stuff then carry on. Show you know your class and your subject. No magic show required just great teaching.
- Make sure you are happy with your books/folders and that you are following the school policy regarding marking/assessment. Implementation of policy is being checked not you.
- You work in a team – ask questions and be ready to support each other. You may not even see an inspector as the visits are quick.
- Ask to be seen if you want to show off what you do – a few colleagues have done this and felt 50 feet tall afterwards!