Twitter name: @Bigkid4
Subject taught (if applicable): Maths
What is your advice about? What to do on your first day in a new job
- Try to learn where everything is, paying particularly attention to resource cupboards, places you can get a cup of tea, the staff room, toilets and fridges.
- Try to find out as much as you can about the pupils you will be teaching. Ask Heads of Year if possible (although they will probably be busy) or whoever taught them last year.
- If possible do some joint planning with someone. This will help as they will know what type of lesson is likely to work.
- There will probably some sort of system like SIMS. Familiarise yourself with it as early as possible so you know what it can do and what you’re expected to do with it
- Make sure you know who the other new staff are and who the people who are supposed to support you are. You will get offers of help and support. Use them.