Name: Bryan Molin
Twitter name: @molin_bryan
Subject taught (if applicable): Maths
Position: Assistant Headteacher
What is your advice about? What to between getting your first job and starting it
- If you can, make sure you take a good break and maybe do something that is purposeful to you. This will keep you going in difficult times.
- Make sure you have made good contact with the school and head of department. If you can, visit the school once or twice before the start of the job so you know the basics.
- Read up on good educational literature/twitter. This is a good time for blue sky thinking in terms of the development of your teaching practice.
- Develop links with education professionals, by different means. It is good to know what is happening in other schools.
- Before the first day, write a list of key questions regarding things you are not sure about your new school. The first day can be a bit of a blur, there is a lot to take in.