Name: Jan Baker
Twitter name: @janbaker97
Subject taught (if applicable): MFL
Position: Curriculum Leader
What is your advice about? When Ofsted call
- Data is king so make sure you have the progress data on your classes available in a file for easy reference. Set this up at the beginning of the year & update it regularly,
- Try and annotate seating plans with focus group students e.g. SEND students so the inspectors can identify them without interrupting the lesson to ask. Do this in advance.
- It’s worth having something in the data file so inspectors can follow what’s happening in the lesson and where it fits overall. Make things easy for the Inspector to find!
- Don’t try anything risky and new. Stick to routines and look at what’s under your control rather than stressing about things you can’t alter. Being organised reduces stress!
- Do try and get some sleep – staying up til 1am re-planning lessons will just mean you will be too tired to teach effectively the following day.