Name: Jan Baker
Twitter name: @janbaker97
Subject taught (if applicable): MFL
Position: Curriculum Leader
What is your advice about? Supply work
- Make sure you have all your original documentation for the supply agency or it will cause a delay in registering.
- It’s not always a bad thing. Higher rate of pay for daily work but remember you aren’t paid if you don’t work. Plan for holidays and quiet periods.
- Supply agencies can also introduce you to schools looking for permanent staff so this is worth asking about too. Some agencies like to sign staff on an exclusive basis.
- You have no marking or lesson planning unless you are doing longer term work so your time can be your own and you will gain good experience being in different schools.
- Supply work can really develop your skills and increase confidence. It’s not always doom and gloom! You can often do free CPD via your union, so you can keep up-to-date too!