Name: Stuart Lock
Twitter name: @StuartLock
Subject taught (if applicable): Maths
What is your advice about? What to expect when Ofsted call
- Expect to be observed, probably for 20-30 minutes. Don’t assume it will only be once.
- Expect your books to be taken in. Have them ready and marked according to the school’s marking policy. These could be from any class.
- Expect there to be a lot of meetings, usually involving senior staff. It’s possible there may be a meeting for you to talk about policies or CPD and how it affects you.
- Pupils will probably behave better than normal. If they don’t, apply the behaviour policy. At least one inspector should be an existing practitioner nowadays.
- You will have the chance to fill in a survey. This is probably not the time to complain about SLT, unless you want your school to do badly.