Name: Amy Forrester
Twitter name: @amforrester1
Subject taught (if applicable): English
What is your advice about? What to do on your first day
- Speak to everyone in your new department and introduce yourself. Find out about them-name, family etc.
- Find out who the admin staff and site staff are. Make a point of introducing yourself and chatting to them
- Get login details for the network, MIS system, upload resources you may need. Check your projector and PC work.
- Get copies of SOWs, set lists, student info and behaviour policy and nothing more- don’t overload yourself trying to get everything at once.
- Ask for a copy of ALL staff emails, names, roles.You’ll find people often say “email Tracey” and assume this knowledge is gained through osmosis. The list is vital.