Name: Bryan Molin
Twitter name: @molin_bryan
Subject taught (if applicable): Maths
Position: Assistant Headteacher
What is your advice about? When OFSTED call
- Don’t go into a frenzy, this is easier said than done. Remember OFSTED don’t judge individual lessons these days.
- Make sure you take in the advice of your head of department and Principal. The best schools have collegiate staff who sing from the same hymn sheet.
- Plan your lessons clearly, make sure books are marked and show your ideas to your head of department. If you are worried, keep it simple.
- Leave school as soon as you are prepared and your planning, marking and printing are done. You don’t want to get caught up in any frenzy.
- Get a good night’s sleep. Overworking will not improve the quality of lessons and you will still want to be teaching great lessons when OFSTED are gone.