This topic was suggested by a reader. The author has interpreted the title to mean “learning theories in lessons”. If you would like to write a blogpost on “learning theories in lessons”, please submit it at the usual place.
Name: Graham Hartland
Twitter name: @ramtopsgrum
Subject taught (if applicable): Biology
Position: Head of department
What is your advice about? Learning theories in lessons
- Find out what students currently understand about topic: “why does…… happen”
- Then, as students volunteer information, write ideas and words on board, non judgementally.
- Next, go through the words and ideas, fitting them into observations. Those that work, stay, otherwise delete.
- Then, add to the surviving words any extra words which help explain theory , then resequence whole to form coherent story.
- Finally, students to write own paragraph, using coherently structured key words on board.