Name: Jan Baker
Twitter name: @janbaker97
Subject taught (if applicable): MFL
Position: Curriculum Leader
What is your advice about? On your first day
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions. People are usually really helpful.
- Ask for an internal map of the school to help orientate yourself.
- Take a notepad with you – you will have brain overload and you will not remember everything you are told.
- Smile as you greet people! Begin building relationships – it’s the most important thing you can do.
- Find out where the heads of year offices are – be prepared Year 7 are likely to be just as new and may ask for your help if they get lost!