Name: Bryan Molin
Twitter name: @molin_bryan
Subject taught (if applicable): Maths
Position: Assistant Headteacher
What is your advice about? First day at work
- Take lots notes. Ask questions. Mostly listen and take in your environment.
- Make sure you are set up in terms of planning for your lessons for the first few days and have a working knowledge of behaviour policy.
- Make sure you are set up with admin stuff, such as SIMS, ICT and access logins as well as knowing your way around the photocopier.
- Meet the key people in the school early. Admin staff, site manager and canteen staff. All key to making the school run smoothly.
- Smile and don’t be afraid of asking questions. Don’t just mix with your department. Teaching is a team game.