Name: Mike Tyler
Twitter name: @MikeTylerSport
Subject taught (if applicable): Sport
What is your advice about? Who to be nice to…
- The estates team have two response times: ‘I’ll do it now’ or ‘I’ll do it tomorrow’. Be nice to them if you want stuff fixed (you might even get a go on the walkie-talkies).
- The security staff. Next time Jack, or Jake, or Jessica kicks off you’re going to need the burly fella on your team.
- The timetabling team are sat at their desks like Chloe from 24, fingers poised. If you want a last minute room booking then you need someone on the inside.
- Your computer/projector/camera is going to break: it’s what they do. If you need it sorted at short notice, you’ll need to be on good terms with the AV and IT technician(s).
- Be friendly with student services staff. These people are the advice and guidance gurus; they have the answers to all of your students’ questions. All of them. Really.