Name: Paul Donald
Twitter name: @pdonald81
Subject taught (if applicable): History/English
Position: Deputy Head
What is your advice about? Pushing the most able
- Know your subject really well. It’ll help with all kids and make you feel secure.
- Expect them to read a lot and make it substantial and challenging e.g undergrad stuff for really bright A Level kids.
- When you read their work, make sure they really know what they’re saying. Sometimes they write well which covers a lack of knowledge.
- Get them to consider the merits of arguments they don’t automatically agree with. This will challenge them to really understand how to deconstruct an argument.
- Do give praise, but always leave the most able students feeling like they need to impress you more.