Name: Julie Morgan
Twitter name: @fractionfanatic
Subject taught (if applicable): Maths
What is your advice about? First Term Dos and Don’ts
- Do make sure you are well organised. Lessons will always run more smoothly if you’re not frantically finding resources or setting up.
- Do get to know the key staff in the school. Office staff, janitors, reprographics, … are all essential for a smooth first term.
- Don’t take on too much. During the first term it is tempting to say yes to everything. Focus on your classes.
- Don’t be afraid to ask lots of questions. You are not expected to know everything about teaching.
- Do try to mix with staff from other departments. It is nice to know colleagues from around the school. Makes you feel part of the whole school.