Name: Allison Fairey
Twitter name: @amuseED
Subject taught (if applicable): Art +RE
What is your advice about? Tips for Longevity in the Profession
- Right from the start make sure teaching is indeed the gig for you. You should have gained insights into this when you began working in schools as a pre-service teacher.
- Be strict with yourself. Make sure you plan downtime, leisure and family time. Don’t allow workload or the job to rule you or upset that balance.
- Seek out ways to fuel your passion for your subject & to determine or test your success as an educator. If you are truly successful you will be satisfied & happy.
- Challenge yourself. Continually improve your knowlege. Experiment with what you learn through the reading of research & conversations with knowledgable colleagues & experts.
- Be positive & connect with colleagues who are enthusiastic. Feed off & into the energy that is created in these relationships as they will sustain you as you gain experience.