Name: Requires Improvement
Twitter name: @RequireImprove
Subject taught (if applicable): Science
What is your advice about? De-snagging Science Practicals
- Electrical circuits never work first time.Make a fully working circuit in advance and keep it to test bulbs and meters.
- If you have a choice, avoid multimeters. Old style ammeters and voltmeters are much simpler to set up.
- Magnets and compasses can reverse their polarity. Check that north really is north before you start.
- Microscale chemistry is great for safety, cost and eco-friendliness.
- Live your technicians- they’ll know the foibles of your school’s kit. Cake helps, as does returning things tidily with nonfunctional stuff labelled.