Name: Gwen Nelson
Twitter name: @Gwenelope
Subject taught (if applicable): A-Level English courses
Position: FE Lecturer
What is your advice about? Writing reports
- Draft your reports on a Word (or similar) document, because as sure as night follows day, whatever software system your school uses, something will go wrong with it.
- On said Word document, draft generic excellent, good, ok, and ‘troublesome student’ reports which you can edit to suit individual students. Proof read for literacy errors.
- When editing generic reports, take great care with student names AND the relevant gender pronouns
- If your school does not have tick box targets, generate a bank of targets that you can then tweak for individual students.
- Even with those kind of short-cuts, reports always take longer than you think, so start them sooner than you want to.