Name: Ashley Pearce
Twitter name: @ashleypearce84
Subject taught (if applicable): Economics & Business
Position: Head of Economics
What is your advice about? Teaching A level Economics
- Use the news! A huge majority of news stories are related to Economics, use them to make theory relevant.
- Simplify theories. Lots of economic theories are too wordy or numerically based, but lots of Economics is really logic.
- Decode questions. Students can understand all of the theory in the world but without answering the question and applying it to scenarios, they won’t get the grades.
- Use all available exam materials. This obviously includes past papers & mark schemes, but so many teachers forget the examiners’ report.
- Get the students reading. Case studies, books, newspapers, articles, websites, find a way that gets them news interested.