Subject taught (if applicable): English
Position: Literacy and Language Co-ordinator
What is your advice about? 5 easy ways to differentiate
- Active listening – give student question before you read passage. I guarantee they will listen more effectively to whole passage/poem.
- Active reading – tell the student what she is reading to answer but don’t overload – one thing (similar affect to 1).
- Active error spotting – put up a factual piece of information on the board and get them to find three errors. If time give them paper copy too.
- Images for sequencing – for a science experiment or drama piece – let them take photographs – upload into writing frame – student writes about what they’ve done.
- Write out a plan for an essay (preferably with student but not necessarily) ask them to write really good quality introduction, conclusion or middle paragraph (only 1 not all)