Name: James Theobald
Twitter name: @JamesTheo
Subject taught (if applicable): English
What is your advice about? The getting-to-know-you first lesson
- The purpose of this lesson is purported to be an opportunity for you to get to know your class.
- This isn’t necessary. You won’t really get to know them in one lesson. You’ll get to know them well enough over time.
- Actually, you should use this lesson for them to get to know YOU: what to expect in your lessons; what to expect from you.
- The way to do this is easy: tell them, very simply, your expectations, your rules. Do any book admin you need to do. Then…
- …get them stuck into the work. This tells them what to expect of you.