Twitter name: @stam_liz
Sector: Secondary,Special school
Subject taught (if applicable): Maths
What is your advice about? Special education
- Smile and take time to know your students.
- Overplan – lots of different activities but don’t rush them so you don’t run out of things to do.
- Don’t get stuck on the diagnosis – each child is an individual who HAS a special need but they are far more than that. Use it to inform.
- Give the children time to process your instructions – some might need a few seconds to carry out what you ask.
- Don’t talk too much – words can get in the way so use symbols, clear language and different activities to get your point across.