Twitter name: Mjburnage
Subject taught (if applicable): History
What is your advice about? Planning
- Simplicity is under-rated. Complex lessons aren’t necessarily good.
- Focusing on what is learnt is more valuable than focusing on how it isn taught. Being clear about the content of your lesson(s) is key.
- Don’t be afraid to spend more time on something if it appears students are struggling with it.
- Focusing on the scheme of work/curriculum is more valuable than focusing on individual lessons.
- Be clear on the conceptual thinking you want students to do. If you dont get it, students probably won’t.