Name: M. Selig
Twitter name: @mikeselig
Subject taught (if applicable): Maths
What is your advice about? Managing your workload as a trainee
- Timetable your to do list. Don’t just have an endless list of things you have to do, prioritise it and then set aside specific times to do the most important.
- Find a balance and set boundaries (and stick to them). Make time for yourself, otherwise you won’t survive.
- You are not alone. Ask for help if you are unsure of something or are struggling; if you don’t ask, people will assume you are fine.
- Mark and feedback smartly. All your feedback and marking should help you (planning) and your students; if it’s not then do it differently (or don’t do it).
- Don’t work on Friday evenings. Go to the pub (if that’s your thing) or go shopping or whatever; just don’t work.