Name: Chris Walker
Twitter name: @ENG_MrWalker
Subject taught (if applicable): English
Position: KS3 Coordinator
What is your advice about? How to enjoy being a teacher
- Get to know your students. Ask them about their hobbies, their interests.
- Teach texts that you like. Share articles and texts that you enjoy and it will make you more passionate about them.
- Regular marking. Heavy duty nights of marking can lead to resentment of your job – stay on top of marking and it will free you up for more fun things.
- Don’t bury your head in the sand. Confront that difficult pupil and ask colleagues for support – they’re rarely mean to you and an angel for everyone else.
- Take a risk. Try something new in your lesson be bold, be brave and reflect.