Name: Rebecca Nobes
Twitter name: bexn91
Subject taught (if applicable): MFL
Position: Second in Department
What is your advice about? Using gained time (if you’re lucky enough to have it)
- Be realistic – don’t think you’re suddenly going to be able to change the world. Think about the time you have and what you will be able to achieve.
- Don’t waste time – be clear about exactly what you want to do and try to stick to that plan. Not everyone gets gained time so make the most of it.
- Have a target in mind – Maybe there is an area of your subject knowledge you want to work on, or a scheme of work to update. Could you prepare resources to share with others?
- Try not to use it as extra PPA – personally I feel gained time is wasted if I just keep planning and marking as usual. I want to see results of the time I’ve had.
- Don’t put pressure on yourself – this is gained time after all. Get done what you need to, but don’t worry if it doesn’t all happen.