Name: David Williams
Twitter name: @davowillz
Subject taught (if applicable): English
Position: KS4 English Coordinator
What is your advice about? Teaching “Literacy” in subjects other than English.
- Teach your subject well. Really – it’s what you’re good at.
- Identify what pupils need to be better at in your subject in terms of reading, writing, speaking and listening. Seek advice if unsure, but one thing to improve is ideal.
- Teach pupils what they need to know to improve and find lots of opportunities for practice.
- DO NOT shoe horn in anything that is unnatural to your subject as that sort of thing will soon be abandoned.
- Test your teaching has been effective and tweak your approach if necessary.