Name: Bryan Molin
Position: Assistant Headteacher
5 Bits of Advice About: Running your first meeting
- Make sure the agenda and resources are out well in advance so people can prepare.
- Keep to time. A good meeting should not last more than one hour.
- Build time for feedback and discussion, but make sure all voices are heard. Involve the “silent voices” in your team.
- Don’t be afraid to cut a discussion short, for it to be revisited in future or in a different format.
- The people that are perceived as”blockers” are often good staff who provide important feedback. Listen to all points of view.