Name: Sarah Bedwell
Twitter Name: @FlyMyGeekFlag
Subject taught: Science
Position: Lead Learner – New Technologies
What is your advice about? Accessing CPD
- Don’t just rely on schools to send you on CPD – it’s often not very good.
- Decide on the key areas that you want to focus on in developing your professional knowledge and skills.
- Join in on Twitter chats – there’s plenty for each sector and subject. They can be a wealth of information, advice and guidance – and networking.
- Think about attending one or two Saturday conferences. Don’t overdo it, as your time is precious.
- Read – read journals, blogs, books and whatever you can get your hands on. Ask others for recommendations and build you own professional library.