Twitter name: @Ejbelshaw
Subject taught (if applicable): History
Position: History teacher
What is your advice about? Surviving your NQT year
- Create a marking timetable and stick to it, little and often is better and more effective than leaving it until the last minute. Students appreciate the consistent feedback.
- Take as much time to observe others. Be a sponge and learn as much as you can.
- Build a rapport with repro and send gifts at Xmas- always good to have them on board in case of an emergency!
- Stay healthy, eat well and take care of yourself!
- Enjoy teaching and work hard, but take time for yourself. A happy teacher is a good teacher, students do notice and rapport will be impacted.