Name: Naureen Khalid
Twitter name: @5N_Afzal
Sector: Primary, Secondary
What is your advice about? Governance
- Think about joining the GB as a staff governor.
- If you decide to go for it remember you are not the teachers’ representative.
- During meetings try and sit near other governors rather than the head or other staff governors.
- If you feel you cannot speak up in front of your head try and sit out of his/her line of vision.
- If you aren’t interested in joining the board, do try and read minutes of meetings which will give you an insight to what the GB does.