Name: Bryan Molin
Twitter name: @molin_bryan
Subject taught (if applicable): Maths
Position: Assistant Headteacher
What is your advice about? Interview preparation
- Go through the job spec very carefully to make sure you are absolutely clear about the requirements of the job. Reflect on how you meet each criteria
- Make sure you have researched the school, its ethos, latest OFSTED and Google the SLT at the school. Modern technology gives you the opportunity to be fully prepared.
- Make sure you have read up a little on educational theory. Twitter is a good starting point.
- Make sure communication with the school is positive, polite and thorough. You may wish to visit the school before. Good to get intel from key staff and students.
- Prepare for the questions with a trusted professional. I generally script answers. Think about concrete examples- what have you done, what impact and how it was evaluated.