Name: Emma Price
Twitter name: @heymissprice
Subject taught (if applicable):
Position: Y6 teacher
What is your advice about? Marking
- Never take books home to mark.
- Live-mark maths or mark as a class then scan books for next steps. There’s no value in you ticking endless calculations.
- Plan extended pieces of writing around other workload. If you’re hugely overloaded, don’t write too much on that day!
- Shut your door after school and mark. Don’t get drawn into chit-chat which distracts you from getting your marking finished.
- Plan your marking schedule into your week; use free periods/PPA or half of lunch to get a head start.