Name: PJ Merrell
Twitter name: @pjmerrell
Subject taught (if applicable): English
Position: Head of Sixth
What is your advice about? Meeting Etiquette
- If you bring up an AOB at the end of an hour meeting, you are part of the problem not the solution.
- If you can miss a meeting and your life changes not a jot, that is a meeting in which you did not need to be.
- Resist the ‘weekly’ meeting – meet only when there is something to discuss.
- Those who keep bringing up things they want ‘noted in the minutes’ probably enjoy hurting kittens.
- Require an agenda 24 hours in advance. No agenda, no meeting.