Name: Sam Duffy
Twitter name: @mrsduffyenglish
Subject taught (if applicable): English
What is your advice about? Making your Form a great place
- Try and find at least one thing about each pupil that is non school related. Pupils want to feel like you care and want to know them as individuals.
- A positive note on a post it once a term, individual to that pupil goes a long way in making pupils feel valued.
- Notice the small details. A compliment on a new hair cut can really make a pupil’s day.
- If you feel comfortable with it, share what you find interesting. This is a great opportunity to expose pupils to a world outside the curriculum, if you are passionate this spreads.
- Build a team spirit, encourage pupils to support each other, get involved and most importantly smile every Form time (even if it is the last Monday of the half term).