Name: Ben Cooper
5 Bits of Advice About: Making Maths resources
- Find out what your pupils are into and bring that into the resource, either built into the question or just with random pictures dotted about. This gives engagement a little boost.
- Make use of excel random number generators and formulae to create and answer questions for you. =”What is the area of a circle with a radius of ” & randbetween(2,10)&”cm?”
- If you’ve spent time making a powerpoint, write some questions on the end, not page 57. You may move school and page 57 is meaningless.
- Take time to make a nice example slide (include animations) copy this 4 or 5 times. You may not need all examples but it won’t take long to change the numbers.
- Keep all nice starter or plenary slides together in one file so you can find them quickly to paste them into a new project.