Name: Bryan Molin
Twitter name: @molin_bryan
Subject taught (if applicable): Maths
Position: Assistant Principal
What is your advice about? Safeguarding
- If something raises suspicion, it needs to be raised. Always seek advice from the relevant colleagues. Know who your designated safeguarding lead is.
- If a student makes a disclosure keep questions open and avoid leading questions. The key here is to listen and take notes.
- This is the hardest bit but the most important. Never promise confidentiality.
- When writing a statement or reporting an event, keep to facts rather than opinions, so that you can pass on the matter thoroughly and accurately.
- Teaching can be emotionally draining. Recognise this and find ways to recharge the batteries and give family and friends some of your emotional energy.