Name: Gethyn Jones
Twitter name: @emc2andallthat
Subject taught (if applicable): Physics
Position: Head of Physics
What is your advice about? Working With Science Technicians
- Science techs often have an eclectic mix of backgrounds. Some will have more experience and knowledge than you — get to know them!
- Submit your lab reqs on time in the appropriate format. Although a custom more honoured in the breach than in the observance, your effort is appreciated.
- Make sure it’s a two way conversation: lab techs may need to clarify or amend your reqs — or act as gotbetweens when there are equipment clashes. Be flexible!
- Set up a book of “Standard Pracs” that other staff can use. It can be a great timesaver!
- Count things out — and count them back again!